Comfortable Chaos
Organization is the key. Knowing where things are. Knowing what needs to be done, having a list, having a plan. Otherwise, I am lost, distracted, shunted away into meaningless, trivial activity that ends up sapping me of my time, energy, drive, focus and emotional fortitude. Then in the end, what really needs doing, remains undone, or worse, is shabbily thrown together in urgent haste.
I must attack the piles of paper with fervor. I must open the mail, sort, file, plan and prioritize. I must open my calendar, schedule, coordinate, plan and update. Then I need to simplify, eliminating what does not need doing, focusing on what really matters. Finally, I need to put everything in its own place where it belongs, organized and tidy, trashing the rest.
Then armed with my updated list and calendar, with my life neatly tucked in place, I must continue to keep up to date. To fall behind is to invite chaos again. Chaos is not what I want. Chaos is not useful or helpful.
Sigh. Why does it seem so unnatural for me to be organized? Chaos may not be useful, but it sure is comfortable. Oh, well.


No comments:
Post a Comment