Sunday, November 05, 2006

Was It The Puppy?

My wife looked stunning last night. Moreover, it is not just I saying it. I have never been anywhere where so many people were so effusively complimentary toward Cindie and how she looked. I should not say I was surprised, that makes me look like a heel, but I had to take notice, they were right, she was an exquisite knockout.

Cindie does not seek attention. I do not know if she is uncomfortable or embarrassed or if she just really does not need it. Do not get me wrong, she likes to look as nice as the next guy but she is not out to grab center stage. Especially at the "Gala Ball" where we went last night where it was "Black Tie Optional." Nevertheless, she sure was the looker this year.

As you can imagine, the Gala Ball fundraiser "Black Tie Optional" event is the annual excuse in our neck of the woods for the rich and the famous to pull out all of the stops and deck out. Let me tell you, there were plenty of eyes popping out, wait a minute let me find them and put them back in moments.

Not with me, of coarse, I did not lose my eyes once. There might have been a moment or two when I almost had to slap my hands over my face, however, to avoid the embarrassing eye popping out problem, but only because I was taken off guard.

I spent most of my time enjoying the admiration Cindie received from other guests, and there was plenty of it, and stealing my own moments of looking her over and appreciating her striking beauty. I was reminded last night that there are two ways to perceive beauty, through your own eyes, obviously, as the saying goes, but also through the eyes of others. That is how you see things you might never see own your own.

I used to think that we put our great art in museums so that everyone can enjoy it and appreciate it, and certainly that is the reason. But there might be another reason. I think we get something extra from the art we see from the other people that see the same art.

After last night, I think people might stage Black Tie Optional Gala Ball events for the same kind of reason. Of coarse we can appreciate each other, admire each other, and see each other day in and day out. Then the day comes when we get all decked out for other people to see us. We see each other through the eyes of someone else, in a new, fresh and wonderful way. Then it is better and we get something extra.

You know, I am definitely not talking about jealousy here. I am talking about the genuine sincere admiration for the beauty of a person. Last night Cindie was very pleasing and impressive to look at, good-looking and supremely lovely. She was gorgeous, magnificent and radiant. Moreover, it was not just I saying it.

You know what this means now? I am going to have to take some dance lessons and get a Tux. Yup, no two ways about it. Cindie has raised the bar and I cannot be left in the dust. What is it about turning fifty? Is this a second life? Whoa boy, I should have never bought her that puppy.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

good idea, tan looks much better. however did you find me? i must have left a trail... but I am glad to have an audience again :)