Thursday, November 09, 2006

Wedding Gauntlet

Alexa, betrothed to my son, nuptials scheduled just mere weeks away, is poised to contend with three wedding showers in two days this weekend. The modern American wedding seems to be a gauntlet of expectations and activities for the bride, her family and their bank accounts, of a sort that rivals the demands and stresses of even the most dogged of election campaigns.

When all is finished said and done, everything will be perfect, wonderful and just as it should be, I have absolutely no doubts. In fact, Alexa is utterly amazing at this stuff. She has a sense of style, good taste and a capacity to clearly visualize the result she wants, coupled with exceptional organizing and planning abilities and a capability to achieve her desired results it in a cool, sophisticated and calm manner.

Are weddings stressful affairs? I think so. Are they trials by fire? They may be. However, I have a hunch that Alexa's wedding is going to be one elegant and awesome event. Pulling that off is a hard thing to do, but Alexa is rather exceptional. Maybe I am biased, but that does not mean it is not true.

I bet she would run an awesome political campaign too. Absolutely!

No comments: