Still Having Fun
Today marks twenty-seven years of marriage for Cindie and I. We will celebrate with a grand romantic flair by stealing away a la "Pretty Woman" style for a dramatic surprise weekend getaway. Granted, I must rely on public transportation, since I do not own my own private Lear Jet, nevertheless, my unforeseen and unexpected arrangements will be startling and spectacular nonetheless.
Cindie knows nothing except for a cryptic list of essential items to pack. I include a copy here for reference. She has dutifully made the necessary preparations and her bags are ready to go. Her guess is that we are going to be driving to Minneapolis after work tonight to do some shopping at the Mall of America. Then also to go to a show Saturday night. She is right about my plans for a show, but she has no idea how far my plans go. Maybe I should have been even more outrageous. Maybe I should have rented a Lear Jet.
Romance is good. Getting away is good. Being together is good. Twenty-seven years is good. Here is to the adventure!
This is Cindie's list.
Things to Bring:
1. The largest of your newest pieces of luggage.
2. A change of clothes for going out to something very nice. In addition, whatever accessories and other accoutrements you might need with you to prepare, since you will not be coming home.
3. Reading materials, Soduko, crosswords and anything else you would like to have with you that you would find relaxing.
4. Anything you would like to have with you that you would like to do with me, discuss with me, show me, or whatever as we will have many opportunities for time alone together. Bring playing cards.
5. A comfy blanket and/or pillow packed in a duffel bag.
6. Comfy cloths for lounging privately, and casual cloths for public. A robe. You do not need a bathing suit.
7. Warm cloths suitable for spending time walking outside.
8. Bring your matching carryon, pack the laptop, camera, camera battery charger, your cell phone, its battery charger and any tapes or CDs you might want to listen to. Audio books would be good.
9. Bring your passport, credit cards, insurance card, drivers license, cash (whatever you have, we can always pickup any more if we need it), check book, phone numbers if you want to call anyone, and any info you might need to get stuff since we will have the opportunity to do some awesome shopping if you would like.
10. Be prepared to leave anytime after work Friday evening. We will be back home late Sunday night.
11. Expect to have fun, but above all, be prepared to relax.
I will post you as to what we did after we did it, in case you are curious. Any guesses? Guessing is dangerous, you know. If you guess right, you risk ruining the surprise. If you guess wrong, you risk being disappointed. However, I think this one is guess proof.


2 comments:
i hope you go to paris. so i can live vicariously through you.
Happy anniversary! Have fun lovebirds!
Post a Comment